Sales Engineer, ANZ
A Hands-On Experience with the Denodo Platform, for data professionals.
Data virtualization revolutionizes the business and IT approach to access, deliver, consume, govern and secure data, regardless of its format or source. This mature technology bridges the gap between IT and business users, delivering significant cost and time savings.
During this 3-hour virtual hands-on lab, you will be able to test and discover the platform’s data virtualization capabilities first-hand.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
We will begin with a brief introduction to data virtualization, which will include concepts of data access, integration and delivery, obtaining data on-demand, data services as well as data governance and security.
During the hands-on session, you will explore these capabilities by:
- Launching an instance of the Denodo 8.0 Platform on AWS
- Connecting to several data sources in: MySQL and Amazon Redshift
- Defining a logical data model on top of these sources to integrate the data to satisfy a reporting scenario
- Reviewing query optimization
- Assigning security privileges to different users
- Using the business focused web based Catalog provided to explore what you have created
*Prerequisite: Each workshop participant is required to have their own laptop running a Remote Desktop Protocol. If you do not have it installed, please see the available versions here and ensure to install before the session.
Spaces are limited; please ensure to register to save your seat.
Denodo Platform is used by